Availability: In stock
The new standard
- With 36.4 megapixels, the α7R is not just a landmark for compact cameras—it is a landmark for all cameras.
Capture without compromise
- Our latest Exmor™ sensor features higher speed from parallel signal processing and faster signal conversion.
Natural results in any light
- Enhanced detail reproduction plus diffraction-reducing technology create more natural outlines and reduce blur from light points.
Beautiful form. Robust function.
- In designing the α7R, Sony strove to balance the precise control working photographers need, with the ergonomics they want.
Connectivity and Recording
Where speed meets precision
- The faster BIONZ X processor plus new spatial object detection algorithm work together to optimise control of the lens drive.
Smarter viewfinder, better photos
- With 100% frame coverage, 1024x768 resolution, high contrast, real-time settings updates, and accurate bokeh, the XGA OLED Tru-Finder is not merely a composition accessory, but an enhancement.
Clear subjects, compelling stories
- Unlike a traditional optical viewfinder (OVF), which distorts bokeh through the focusing screen, Sony’s electronic viewfinder (EVF) presents the image directly from the sensor, so you see exactly what the finished image will be.
Zoom in on what’s important
- Leading DSLRs allow you to zoom in on the LCD screen to check your images after the shot, but with the Tru-Finder™, you can make these adjustments before and during the process.
Fine-tune your focus
- Activate the built-in peaking function, which can be adjusted in sensitivity and highlight colour to best suit individual preferences.
Composition without guesswork
- Cameras with traditional viewfinders have forced photographers to glance down at their LCD screen after each shot, or shooting in bunches to bracket a correct exposure.